Ongoing NRMN Supplement Awards
Accessible when you log in to your profile on NRMNet, MyNRMN allows you to:
- Browse profiles of registered NRMN mentors and mentees from around the country
- Build your network by connecting with mentees and mentors that share interests with you
- Send direct messages to your connections (SMS and posts)
- Share documents
- Build your CV using the CV Builder tool (for mentees)
- Set appointments with your mentee/mentor through your personalized calendar
- Invite new mentees/mentors to the NRMN network to connect with you
Haven’t registered yet? Click here to create your NRMNet profile and start building your network with MyNRMN today!
NRMN – CIC Academic Network (NRMN-CAN)
NRMN-CAN Mission: To provide professional development, grant writing, and mentor training to Early Stage Investigators, especially those from underrepresented populations in the biomedical workforce, and to assist mentors in developing core competencies for mentor facilitating and grant writing coaching.
Transformative Goal of NRMN-CAN: To change the face of the biomedical workforce by increasing the number of underrepresented scientists to successfully pursue academic careers by:
- Providing professional development, mentor training, and grant writing experiences to Early Stage Investigators (postdocs and junior faculty)
- Training cohorts of faculty grantsmanship coaches and establishing campus-based grant writing groups, in collaboration with the NRMN Professional Development Core
- Directly addressing the benefits and challenges of diversity, inclusivity, and culture within mentoring relationships by assisting senior faculty in developing core competencies for mentoring and creating inter-institutional mentor training, in collaboration with the NRMN Mentor Training Core
Program Note: We are finishing the first phase of NRMN and are looking forward to the next round of programs. NRMN program offerings vary during the transition time, and unfortunately, we are not able to offer new grant writing coaching groups during the 2018-2019 academic year. The next round of program offerings will be known early 2019. We encourage you to take advantage of what NRMN can offer in the short-term (e.g. guided virtual mentoring, networking on MyNRMN) and look forward to the next phase, which will begin in July 2019. Please consider signing up for the grant writing coaching group digest to receive notifications about future grant writing programs if/when they become available by clicking HERE. Contact PDC@nrmnet.net with any questions.