- This event has passed.
Announcing 2016 ASM Scientific Writing and Publishing Course
May 30, 2016
The American Society for Microbiology calls for applications for its 2016 ASM Scientific Writing and Publishing Course, held at the ASM Headquarters in Washington, DC from August 12-14th, 2016.
This course is a three-day in-person intensive training program in scientific writing and publishing. Senior-level graduate students, postdoctoral scientists, and early career scientists are eligible to apply. The goal of the program is to provide intensive coaching and closely guided experience in the scientific writing and publishing process.
After completing the course, participants will have:
- a detailed plan for improving their draft manuscript
- hands-on experience in critiquing abstracts and manuscripts
- a network of peers and mentors to share critiques and advice
- tools and resources for developing future manuscripts and abstracts.
The course will provide three days of face to face hands-on intensive coaching and training in scientific writing and publishing under mentorship of ASM Journal editors and reviewers. Groups of four to six participants will be paired with one experienced mentor from their field to provide individual critique and resources. The course is limited to 25 participants.
Upon acceptance to the course, participants will be required to:
- Register for the course
- Arrange for their own travel to and from the course
- Complete all the required pre-course readings and assignments
- Prepare and submit a double spaced draft manuscript, plus drafts of figures and table, of which the participant is the 1st author
- Participate in the entire course
For additional information about the program, please click here.