- This event has passed.
Summer Medical and Research Training (SMART) Program – Program Kick-off
May 30, 2016
The Summer Medical and Research Training (SMART) Program was developed to provide frontier-level, biomedical summer research projects for undergraduates in a supportive environment with supplemental educational activities.
The official dates for the 2016 SMART Program will be May 30 – July 29.
The program offers:
- Nine paid weeks of biomedically related research in a broad range of areas
- Daily seminars designed for undergraduates
- Free SMART GRE prep workshops
- Career development activities
- Housing at Rice University dorms
Applications will open online Dec. 1. Applications are due electronically by Jan. 10. Letters of recommendations must be submitted electronically by Feb. 1 and official transcripts must be postmarked by mail on or before Feb. 1.