- This event has passed.
NRMN Facilitating Mentor Training Workshop
June 16, 2016 @ 8:00 am - June 17, 2016 @ 5:00 pm
- Experience the process-based approach to mentor training based on one or more versions of the mentor training curricula in the Entering Mentoring series.
- Become familiar with the research mentor training curricula
- Develop the knowledge and skills to implement mentor training
- Gain confidence in facilitation skills
- Be able to describe evidence supporting the effectiveness of mentor training
- Be able to articulate practical plans for implementing mentor training at home institution
Participants attending the workshop will learn about evidence-based approaches to mentor training and gain the knowledge, confidence, and facilitation skills needed to implement training and develop implementation plans for their own campus. Break out groups will be available to focus on specific curricula including:
- Mentor Training for Clinical and Translational Researchers for the mentors of junior faculty, post-docs, and graduate students across the full spectrum of translational science
- Mentoring Training for Biomedical Researchers for mentors of graduate students and post-docs engaged in basic biomedical research, primarily conducted in teams in a laboratory setting.
- Research Mentor Training for graduate student or postdoctoral mentors of undergraduate students.
- Faculty, Instructors, Staff or Administrators from academic health centers, colleges, and universities.
- Participants should be committed to implementing Mentor Training workshops on their home campus during academic year 2016-17.
- Follow up registration with NRMNet.net will be required and an evaluation survey will be distributed following the workshop