National Research Mentoring Network (NRMNet) User Agreement
The National Research Mentoring Network Net (NRMNet) User Agreement (the “Agreement”) applies to all Participants (a Participant refers to a Mentor/Coach) or a Mentee in the NRMNet (the “Program”). Participation in the Program is voluntary and on an individual basis. To be eligible to participate in the Program, a Participant must be at least eighteen years old. Specific customized programs within the Program may be covered by additional specific user agreements. By participating in the Program, you agree to be bound by the terms of the Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, do not participate in the Program.
- I represent that I am at least eighteen years old.
- I understand and agree that, unless otherwise agreed in by NRMNet, each Mentor/Coach is acting in the Mentor/Coach’s individual capacity and is not acting as a representative of, or on behalf of, the Mentor/Coach’s employer, a professional society, a sponsor, NIH, NRMN, or anyone else.
- I understand and agree that unless, otherwise agreed in by NRMNet, each Mentee is acting in the Mentee individual capacity and is not acting as a representative on behalf of the Mentee’s college or university, a professional society, a sponsor, NIH, NRMN, or anyone else.
- I agree to complete the required User Profile before beginning any of the NRMNet activities. I represent that all information I enter in the User Profile is true or believed to be true. If I willfully enter any false information with deceptive intent, I acknowledge that NRMNet reserves the right to terminate my participation in the Program upon discovery of such false information. If I enter any false information through mistake, without any deceptive intent, I agree to correct such false information upon discovery of, or receipt of notification of, such false information. If I do not timely correct such false information, I acknowledge that NRMNet reserves the right to terminate my participation in the Program. If any information that I have entered should change, I agree to timely update such information. If I do not timely update such information, I acknowledge that NRMNet reserves the right to terminate my participation in the Program.
- I agree to complete the required NRMNet Training Modules as instructed by NRMNet. I acknowledge that NRMNet may periodically require that Participants complete new training modules within a specified period of time to continue participation in the Program.
- I expressly acknowledge and agree that I am participating voluntarily in the Program and that NRMNet is not responsible for my actions or the actions of other Participants.
- THE PROGRAM IS MADE AVAILABLE “AS IS” WITH NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NRMNet DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES.
- NRMNet DOES NOT CONDUCT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS ON ITS PARTICIPANTS.
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL NRMNet BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, AND/OR INCIDENTAL, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANYONE ELSE IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROGRAM, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, BODILY INJURY, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM COMMUNICATIONS OR MEETINGS BETWEEN PARTICIPANTS. THIS INCLUDES ANY CLAIMS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE CONDUCT OF PARTICIPANTS. TO THE EXTENT A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION FINDS NRMNet LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE FORGOING, NRMNet AGGREGATE LIABILITY SHALL NOT EXCEED US$100.00.
- This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Texas without regard to its principles of conflict of law. If any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable for any reason, it shall be deleted and the remaining provisions shall continue in full force and affect.
- I confirm that I have read, understood, and agree to abide by the terms of this Agreement.
Approved by the University of North Texas Legal Department: March 13, 2015
Effective: March 23, 2015
Revised: March 17, 2015