Facilitator Training (Train-the-Trainer)
NRMN’s Facilitator Training workshops are designed for individuals wishing to implement Research Mentor Training or Research Mentee Training at their institutions or organizations.
Our workshops are typically 8-12 hours in length and can accommodate up to 40 participants.
By the end of our evidence-based workshop, participants will:
- Become familiar with the research mentor and research mentee training curricula
- Be able to describe evidence supporting the effectiveness of mentor and mentee training
- Be able to describe the resources available to implement mentor and mentee training
- Develop the knowledge to implement mentor and mentee training
- Be able to articulate practical plans for implementing mentor and mentee training at home institution or organization
To inquire about upcoming Facilitator Training workshops, or to host a workshop on your campus, contact the Mentor Training Core at email@example.com.
Growth of the biomedical research workforce would not be possible without the ongoing efforts of facilitators who implement research mentor and research mentee trainings. NRMN is devoted to recognizing the achievements and dedication of these facilitators at various stages.
NRMN Facilitator Certifications allow you to demonstrate your individual commitment to the local dissemination of research mentor and/or research mentee training to support an inclusive scientific workforce. Learn more about NRMN Facilitator Certifications here.
Explore the following resources to help you implement Research Mentor Training or Research Mentee Training at your own institution.
If you are implementing Research Mentor Training based on the Entering Mentoring curricula, we are interested in collaborating with you to evaluate the effectiveness of your training. Through this process, we will create an evaluation survey customized for your implementation, assist in data collection, and prepare a report of the aggregate evaluation data. In return, the data becomes part of our national dataset to inform future NRMN research mentor training initiatives. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.