- This event has passed.
Research Mentor Training @ Weill Cornell Medical School
February 21 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm EST
An event every day that begins at 9:00am, repeating until February 22, 2018
This workshop is designed to help research mentors maximize the effectiveness of their mentoring relationships.
During this training, you will experience the process-based approach to mentor training based on the Entering Mentoring curriculum. Topics may include:
- Aligning Expectations
- Addressing Equity and Inclusion
- Articulating Your Mentoring Philosophy and Plan
- Assessing Understanding
- Cultivating Ethical Behavior
- Culturally Aware Mentoring
- Enhancing Work-Life Integration
- Fostering Independence
- Maintaining Effective Communication
- Promoting Mentee Research Self-Efficacy
- Promoting Professional Development
This event is closed to the public.
If you are interested in hosting a mentor training at your institution or organization, please fill out this interest form: https://goo.gl/forms/s2RNgMzYkUdmSalq1