Research Mentor Training @ Mentoring Institute/University of New Mexico
October 22, 2018
This workshop is designed to help research mentors maximize the effectiveness of their mentoring relationships.
During this training, you will experience the process-based approach to mentor training based on the Entering Mentoring curriculum. Topics may include:
- Aligning Expectations
- Addressing Equity and Inclusion
- Articulating Your Mentoring Philosophy and Plan
- Assessing Understanding
- Cultivating Ethical Behavior
- Enhancing Work-Life Integration
- Fostering Independence
- Maintaining Effective Communication
- Promoting Mentee Research Self-Efficacy
- Promoting Professional Development
If you would like to learn more about the 2018 Mentoring Conference, visit the following website: https://mentor.unm.edu/conference/.
If you are interested in hosting a mentor training at your institution or organization, please fill out this interest form: https://goo.gl/forms/s2RNgMzYkUdmSalq1