Research Mentor Training for Faculty @ The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
March 1 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm EST
This workshop is designed to help research mentors maximize the effectiveness of their mentoring relationships.
During this training, you will experience the process-based approach to mentor training based on the Entering Mentoring curriculum. Topics may include:
- Aligning Expectations
- Addressing Equity and Inclusion
- Articulating Your Mentoring Philosophy and Plan
- Assessing Understanding
- Cultivating Ethical Behavior
- Enhancing Work-Life Integration
- Fostering Independence
- Maintaining Effective Communication
- Promoting Mentee Research Self-Efficacy
- Promoting Professional Development
This event is closed to the public.
Facilitated by Dr. Kermin Martinez-Hernandez & Dr. Harlan Jones.