- This event has passed.
Research Mentor Training @ University of California, San Diego
May 4, 2017 - May 5, 2017
NRMN Master Facilitator will be hosting two mentor training workshops for San Diego IRACDA, one for post-docs on the 4th, and for junior faculty on the 5th.
Location: University of California, San Diego
This workshop is designed to help research mentors maximize the effectiveness of their mentoring relationships.
During this 4.5-hour training, you will experience the process-based approach to mentor training based on the Entering Mentoring curriculum. Topics may include:
- Aligning Expectations
- Addressing Equity and Inclusion
- Articulating Your Mentoring Philosophy and Plan
- Assessing Understanding
- Cultivating Ethical Behavior
- Culturally Aware Mentoring
- Enhancing Work-Life Integration
- Fostering Independence
- Maintaining Effective Communication
- Promoting Mentee Research Self-Efficacy
- Promoting Professional Development
This event is closed to the public. If you are interested in hosting a mentor training, please fill out this interest form: https://goo.gl/forms/s2RNgMzYkUdmSalq1