- This event has passed.
ABRCMS 2016 – Application Deadline: Student Travel Award
August 26, 2016
Student Travel Award Deadline Today
The Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students (ABRCMS), managed by the American Society for Microbiology, is looking for active researchers to volunteer their time in reviewing pre-conference abstracts and judging poster and oral presentations for ABRCMS 2016, scheduled November 9 – 12 in Tampa, Florida.
Last year ABRCMS received a record 2,035 abstract submissions! In order to keep the high quality reviewing and judging programs, we need more volunteers. Would you consider investing in the next generation by being an abstract reviewer or judge for this year’s conference?
- Abstract Reviewing (online): September 14 – 18, 2016
- To volunteer as an abstract reviewer, please visit bit.ly/abrabstract16be.
- Poster/Oral Presentation Judging (on-site): November 10 – 12, 2016
- To volunteer as an on-site judge, please register for the conference and indicate your interest in the question section. Travel subsidy available. Details below.
Opportunities for Students
Encourage undergraduates to submit an abstract to present at ABRCMS.
- ABRCMS Student Travel Award Deadline: August 26
- Abstract Submission Deadline: September 9
Stay up to date: Sign up to receive ABRCMS emails.
ASM Undergraduate Faculty Research Initiative Fellowship
Postdoctoral scientists and faculty members interested in attending ABRCMS and developing successful undergraduate research programs are encouraged to apply for this fellowship.
Deadline: September 12