NRMN’s virtual mentoring program connects health science students and researchers at all career stages for one-on-one mentorship between a mentor and a mentee.
How can I participate in the virtual mentoring program?
- Create an NRMNet profile
- Once the NRMNet profile is created, click on “Connect to Mentoring Platform”
- Complete set of additional profile questions
- Watch the mandatory orientation video
Why join the virtual mentoring program?
- Find additional support and perspective
- Work closely and regularly with another person who has successfully navigated, or is currently navigating a career path in science
- Critical conversations designed to enhance the success of diverse scholars
- Opportunity to share struggles and challenges
How are mentors and mentees matched?
Mentors and mentees are matched based on the mentee’s career stage and field of study.
How do mentors and mentees connect?
Mentors and mentees connect in a number of ways such as:
- Platform chat interface
- Video chat
- Phone calls
- Online chat
- Text Messages
- E-mail exchange
How often do mentors and mentees meet?
Participants typically meet for 20-30 minutes per week for four months in each cycle of mentorship.
What happens after the four month cycle?
Following their mentorship cycle, mentees may invite their mentor to begin a new mentorship cycle, with new discussion topics, or they may request to be matched with a new mentor.